Trying my hand at Kombucha brewing

One of my friends offered me a SCOBY to start brewing kombucha at home. I couldn't really pass it up as I usually buy a bottle of the stuff anytime I have a chance. At about $4 per bottle, that's an expensive treat. 

I was given the SCOBY and picked up the giant glass jug with the spout at Target. You can see how big it is by comparing to the fermentation jar in the back that I use for makgeolli. 

Since we have a lot a green tea at home, I'm making this batch with green tea using the guide here: Paprikahead

Here's  the SCOBY
The SCOBY in a fresh green tea bath

So far the most difficult thing was waiting for the tea to cool to room temperature. I left the thee quarts to cool overnight after dissolving the sugar. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H-Mart Nuruk

Nuruk Comparison

New Hangari